Things I’m missing from Germany:
1. The green rolling hills surrounding the town.
2. The fact that applesauce is readily available & powder sugar isn’t expensive.
3. Competency & IQ. I knew exactly which store to go to if I wanted an item for cooking. I knew where it was located & most likely, I even knew what it was called.
4. German. I wasn’t fluent, but I could get around. I could make an appointment or order flowers over the phone. I could even hold a fairly basic conversation. I miss that.
4. Our friends & life in Kandern & at BFA. There are lots of wonderful people there & we are already looking forward to a visit back!
A picnic lunch at a local park
Things I’m loving in Spain:
1. The HUGE sky! It is SO blue!
2. The local fruit & vegetable market. I got a pineapple, peaches, lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, & peppers all for $10. That much in the states would have been at least twice that much! Not to mention that it was all grown in Spain!
3. The sunshine! We’ve been here about a month & all but two of those days have been sunny. Even today, it rained in the morning, but the sun is back out.
4. Our home! It’s not quite finished, but it is so comfortable & fits us so well!
5. Our ECA family! They have welcomed us with open arms! They have driven us places, answered questions, watched our children, put together ikea furniture for us, & brought us meals. We feel so loved!!!